- Interviewer: Okay. Which designers do you prefer?
- Hillary Clinton: What designers of clothes?
- Interviewer: Yes.
- Hillary Clinton: Would you ever ask a man that question?
- Interviewer: Probably not. Probably not.
fact: you eat 28 spiders in your lifetime. always 28. if you are about to die and you have only eaten 3 then 25 spiders arrive at once
In French, you don’t really say “I miss you.” You say “tu me manques,” which is closer to “you are missing from me.”
I love that. “You are missing from me.” You are a part of me, you are essential to my being. You are like a limb, or an organ, or blood. I cannot function without you.
in america we don’t say i love you 4ever we say i love you 5ever (dat means more then 4evr).
Not sure if I hate editing or citing more.
- Politician at door: (blah blah blah)...and my strong commitment to traditional family values, as my wife of 28 years will attest.
- Shade's mom: Sir, I don't care if you have orgies every Tuesday night so long as you get your job done.
- Politician: ...
- Shade's mom: Also, if "traditional family values" is a sneaky way of saying "anti-gay marriage stance," you should know that my daughter is bisexual, and if I never get to cry at her wedding because some law you passed made her wedding illegal, I will personally see that your wife of 28 years has a lesbian awakening in time for you to discover the virtues of traditional divorce.
- Politician: ...you have yourself a nice day, m'am.
Learning to have sex from watching porn is about as effective as learning to drive from watching car chase movies. And unfortunately, that’s what our sex education system forces people to do. Rather than helping people learn how to make authentic sexual choices, communicate with a partner, set boundaries or identify their needs, desires, and goals, we withhold information and then shame them for making mistakes. Is it any wonder that people are trying to learn how to have sex from porn?
Porn isn’t any more of a fantasy than a romantic comedy or an action movie is. But until we give people more accurate ideas about sex, there’s no way to balance it out. And to critique porn for doing something that every other genre of entertainment does seems a bit silly to me. After all, there’s no reason to have higher expectations for porn than we do for action movies.
This idea is one of the main reasons I wanted to get into sex education. Everyone I know learned about sex from porn and it struck me, ‘Something’s wrong here’
I don’t understand why people don’t get this. #antiporn
Just want to clear something up here: The particular quote that has been reblogged is not against pornography. It is explaining that pornography is a source of entertainment - not education, and should be treated as such. It also suggests that people should have access to accurate depictions of sex so they can properly educate themselves about it and not not assume that what they see in pornography is what sex is actually like, as it’s really unrealistic.